I cannot be blamed for this: Lacataion Cookie Recipe

Posted on | July 6, 2011 | 11 Comments

After you eat and entire plate of these because they’re “good for you,” and may even help with your milk supply, please do not come hunting for me. These things are incredibly addictive and oh-so-yummy. The first batch I made with the intentions of freezing are already gone. So, I made a second batch last night and left a few out for the hubs and me (and Sully). The rest are safely in the freezer and will stay there until Baby Dos arrives. I found the recipe here. They are super easy to make, always smell yummy, and look pretty good too. Enjoy!

Major Milk Makin’ Cookies
Recipe by Kathleen Major

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 3/4 c. oats (use the rolled oats if you can find them, not instant)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c. almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. flax
3 T brewer’s yeast (check Whole Foods or Fresh Market)
1/3 c. water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 c. (12oz) chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts of your choice

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
3) In a large bowl, beat almond butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, brewer’s yeast, flax and water until creamy.
4) Mix in eggs.
5) Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6) Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
7) Add oats slowly, mixing along the way.
8 ) Place balls of dough onto greased baking sheets or baking stones.

9) Press down each ball lightly with a fork.
10) Bake 12 minutes.

Then try to hide them from everyone else in your family least you miss out on the awesome benefits of these cookies!

Comments

11 Responses to “I cannot be blamed for this: Lacataion Cookie Recipe”

1. Erica Swailes
    July 6th, 2011 @ 9:40 am

Ah, yes….lactation cookies. Been there, done that and won’t make them again, because well, I’m done having kids, but because I ATE THEM ALL! So hard to have self-control when they’re “good for you!”

mrstrophywife Reply:

Hahaha, I know, right? After this baby, I need to burn this recipe or else risk gaining back any baby weight I manage to lose.

2. Dee Sanders
    July 6th, 2011 @ 9:58 am

this baby could not be any more gorgeous!! I am taking this recipe with me to N. Augusta to make for Layne when Noah is born!!

mrstrophywife Reply:

yay! She will love them! And thank you :) I think he’s pretty darn cute, myself!

3. Samantha
    July 6th, 2011 @ 11:59 am

Thanks for the recipe!! Can’t think of a better excuse to make cookies : )

mrstrophywife Reply:

You’re welcome!

4. Jill
    July 6th, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

I hate oats. bleh! then again, I’m leaking like the proverbial dike with a hole in it anyway, so hopefully that means I won’t need any ‘extra’ help.

mrstrophywife Reply:

Jill, if you wanted to make them sans oats, the flax and brewer’s yeast is still great for milk supply if you do need any extra help :) For this recipe, I actually used Steel Cut oats instead of rolled. Dunno if it would work as well, but it sure tasted good!

5. Tiffany O
    July 6th, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

yummm! I will have to try them out and get them in the freezer before DS arrives in early September!

mrstrophywife Reply:

That’s what I’m doing! Freezer time :)

6. Mrs 2nd Lt
    July 6th, 2011 @ 8:58 pm

droooooolllling :)

• I'm a twenty-something mama to two little boys and married to the love of my life. Former Diet Coke addict with a tendency to overshare. My biggest dream is to write a book. A good book that tons of people buy and relate to and love. In the mean time, this is the story of us as we flounder through raising our wild, little boys, moving a million times thanks to the US Army, and buying and renovating our 1968 Ranch home."

• Exploits of a Military Mama