It’s Friday, Friday, Friday!

Posted on | May 4, 2012 | 12 Comments

You know what that means, right?

It means I’m running around like a crazy person, packing, wiping butts, convincing the hubs to let me buy more pillows from Target, and potentially hooking up an IV to my vein because drinking wine from the glass cannot possibly get me drunk enough for the craziness that is about to ensue.

Totally kidding about the wine, by the way. Hangovers while moving? Sounds pretty awful. But maybe not as awful as moving while sober? I haven’t decided.

Arlo is napping, Sully is “helping” pack, and I’m jittery enough to stand out like a crack head in the grocery store. I’m excited. Like, so excited it’s annoying. And I’m totally okay with sleeping on a mattress on the floor tonight because it means we are getting the hell out of Virginia!

Virginia. It’s been real. But your overwhelming spider population and curvy, narrow roads that make my heart drop, and neighbors who refuse to smile have put a damper on my feelings for you. Ta-ta for now!

I’ll be gone until Monday, I believe. But I will have email access from my phone, so if you have some huge desire to talk to me, feel free to contact me there. I know you’re all going crazy thinking you won’t hear from me for a whole weekend.

Wish me luck and wine.

XOX.

Comments

12 Responses to “It’s Friday, Friday, Friday!”

1. Jamie
    May 4th, 2012 @ 11:22 am

Good luck with the move! I always consider it a success if nobody gets angry and I make it through without tears.

2. LilMisa
    May 4th, 2012 @ 11:22 am

YAY!!! SO exciting. :)

Best of luck with the move.

3. Laura
    May 4th, 2012 @ 11:58 am

Yay! Best wishes for a move that’s as crazy-free as possible. :)

4. Verna
    May 4th, 2012 @ 12:01 pm

Yay! Good luck with everything!

5. Mrs 1st Lt
    May 4th, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

good luck mama, and call me ANYTIME! here’s to nothing broken and all sanity intact!

just a warning – have you seen a wolf spider? because they are waiting to be your fuzzy new roomies here in the great state of NC :-p

Sally Reply:

I have. In Sully’s ROOM yesterday. And then it disappeared and Taylor had to hunt it down. They are all over this freaking house. I hate it. I’ve never seen this many of them in the Carolinas. Hopefully, they are just spider overload here.

6. erica
    May 4th, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

Woot Woot!!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are scary spiders in every state. lol I have learned to keep a can of Raid next to my bed. Or hairspray. Anything works. Your choice.

7. Amanda
    May 4th, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

GOOD LUCK! Safe travels!

8. R's Mom
    May 4th, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

Good luck! But don’t be a Virginia-hater! It can be pretty great…you must have just not been in a great part of the state!

Sally Reply:

Don’t worry, I don’t hate VA. Truly. I loved the VA Beach area. Richmond is a lovely place to visit, but it just isn’t “home” if that makes sense.

9. Missy
    May 5th, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

The “Triangle” as they call it in NC has spiders, bad schools, teen pregnancy and std’s(in that area of NC is the highest). I will take Virginia any day than living near Ft Bragg again. Taught schools there and knew other teachers in Southern Pines all the way to
    Charlotte. Those surrounding areas are terrible. Ft. Bragg is just a dirty place.

Sally Reply:

File this under “unnecessary.” If you’ve read my blog at all, it’s fairly clear how excited I am to be here and how happy I am to have purchased this home. Perhaps you could have decided to rein in the “shit on my parade” comment?

• I'm a twenty-something mama to two little boys and married to the love of my life. Former Diet Coke addict with a tendency to overshare. My biggest dream is to write a book. A good book that tons of people buy and relate to and love. In the mean time, this is the story of us as we flounder through raising our wild, little boys, moving a million times thanks to the US Army, and buying and renovating our 1968 Ranch home."

• Exploits of a Military Mama